We are seeking a Director of Programming & Operations to play a vital role on a fast-paced and high-performing founding leadership team of the Castleman Disease Collaborative Network (CDCN). This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
The ideal candidate is experienced in executing non-profit and/or medical programs and managing multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining the integrity of the details to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Strong interpersonal skills, collaboration, founder’s mentality, and diplomacy are a plus!
- Community Engagement
- Develop and implement an overall community engagement plan and strategy to achieve CDCN’s long and short-term goals.
- Serve as the face of the CDCN to our patient community, providing resources and support through the CDCN’s pre-existing toolkit and network.
- Identify areas of improvement and associated implementation for key processes, materials, and resources for the community.
- Collaborate with key members of the CDCN and Center for Cytokine Storm Treatment & Laboratory (CSTL) team at the University of Pennsylvania to execute engagements such as the annual Patient and Loved One Summit and American Society of Hematology meeting.
- Provide oversight and hands on support to members of the community (patients, loved ones, physicians, researchers) as needed.
- Research Project Tracking
- Working with the Director of Development & Communications, track and oversee grants awarded from the CDCN to other research institutions.
- Coordinate outreach to various audiences and engage with Communication Consultant to execute strategy and maintain key community tools and documentation, as needed.
- Project Management
- Lead internal initiatives by providing execution and oversight support (e.g. timelines, project plans, etc.)
- Relationship Management
- Serve as liaison to the Board of Directors, Advisory Council, and Scientific Advisory Board in partnership with Executive Director with regards to developing communications, agendas, and managing engagements
- Oversees connection points across CSTL Team at the University of Pennsylvania, consultants, and CDCN governing bodies.
- Additional roles and responsibilities related to the mission of the organization, as needed.
- Community Engagement
Compensation: $70,000-90,000 annual salary
Location: 3535 Market Street | Philadelphia, PA 19104 (In-person)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years of relevant professional experience; nonprofit and/or medical experience a plus
- Position located in the office in University City, Philadelphia with some flexibility for remote working available
- Proficient in Apple and Microsoft Suite of Products PC, experience with Salesforce (or other CRMs) and monday.com preferred
- Skills: organization, relationship management, basic analysis, written and verbal communication.
About the CDCN
The Castleman Disease Collaborative Network (CDCN) was formed in 2012 and is a global nonprofit organization dedicated to accelerating research and treatment for this rare and often deadly disease, supporting patients on their journeys, and revolutionizing biomedical research to cure countless other diseases. The CDCN offers much-needed hope to individuals with Castleman disease (CD) and their loved ones, skillfully turning hope into action and promising research into permanent cures. See this video from our celebration of 10 years of life-saving research! The CDCN is also a leading rare disease non-profit, with our work highlighted by the New York Times, Good Morning America, CNN and other major media outlets over the past several years.
This role will be critical to the success of the organization and our mission of curing Castleman Disease and related conditions.
If you are interested in the position, please apply using the form below! If you have any position- or application-related questions, please direct them to email@example.com.