On July 23rd, the CDCN celebrated our 3rd annual World Castleman Disease Day!
What is World Castleman Disease Day?
World Castleman Disease Day is celebrated each year on July 23rd. It is an amazing opportunity for Castleman disease advocates worldwide-from patients, loved ones, physicians, and researchers- to come together in the fight against Castleman disease to continue to support patients currently living with Castleman disease and to remember and honor those patients who we have lost. World CD Day will continue to be the one day a year for patients, loved ones, physicians, and researchers across the world to come together and unite in the fight against this disease, a day where we can all show solidarity and our commitment to taking this disease down!
Thank you to our amazing community for tuning in to our virtual gathering in celebration of this year’s World Castleman Disease Day!
If you missed the amazing updates provided by Dr. David Fajgenbaum and Mileva Repasky on the advances being made by the CDCN and our goals for 2020, you can check out the video or presentation here.
Here are some awesome ways that we can all turn our hope into action:
- Donate or help raise funds to accelerate lifesaving research
- Share about the CDCN and/or share your story on social media using hashtags #WorldCDday and #Castlemanto help spread awareness.
- Join the ACCELERATE registry to help us learn more about Castleman disease
- Donate samples to help us better understand Castleman disease
Other ways we can help spread awareness and support:
- Wear blue & your CDCN wristband
- Example Post to share with your warrior stance:
- “Happy World CD Day! I did my part and donated samples and my medical records to help find a cure! We cannot do this alone! To learn more about CD or to help support our mission check out cdcn.org.”
- Spread the word: tell your friends, family, and colleagues about CD
- Hold a facebook fundraiser or fundraiser in your hometown: Help raise funds and awareness for life-saving CD research
- Download and share our World CD Day image below:
Also feel free to share the below videos to spread awareness and help turn promising research into permanent cures!