Join the CDCN’s leadership team and become part of our dedicated and talented group of staff and volunteers
Biomedical Leadership Fellow @ University of Pennsylvania
Sponsored by HealthX and the Castleman Disease Collaborative Network (CDCN)
The CDCN is looking for an entrepreneurial medical student to take a year-out between MS3 and MS4 to serve as the 2020-2021 Biomedical Leadership Fellow (BLF)/”Chief of Staff” to help translate promising research into life-saving therapeutics. The Fellowship winner will work directly with Penn Med Assistant Professor and alum Dr. David Fajgenbaum on all aspects of their leadership, project management, and translational work. They will work with expert researchers and physicians, pharmaceutical companies, foundations like the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Castleman disease patients and volunteers who all share a common goal of better understanding and curing Castleman disease. The BLF will likely publish one or more papers that help to uncover insights into Castleman disease, immunology, and oncology as well as investigate ways to improve rare disease/biomedical research on a systems-level. The skills gained from this fellowship are highly transferable to any career choice or field of specialty. Learn more and apply here.
- Total stipend for one year: $32,000
- Only Penn Med students are eligible to apply
- Start date: Flexible—Start date anytime between January 2020-September 2020
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until September 2020; early applications strongly preferred
- Learn more about the CDCN
- Learn more about the Biomedical Leadership Fellowship
- Apply here; please make sure to review the information here before applying
The CDCN is comprised of physicians, researchers, patients, loved ones, and medical students. Our organization would not be successful without the hard work and dedication from so many people who volunteer their time to help us take down this disease. If you are passionate about Castleman disease, and want to help us advance our life saving research by joining our team, please fill out the survey.